Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India" <ga...@integra-india.com> on 2004/07/16 12:08:00 UTC

MathML

Hi Everybody,

I am using FOP for batch pagination of books. My problem with this is Math
content. When we encounter Math we need to switch to PassiveTeX. But if you
can add Math support to FOP itself if will be very useful.

Is this task is in the whish list of FOP developers??

Thanks

Ganesh

Re: MathML

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
The MathML extension is in CVS HEAD under examples/mathml, not in the
maintenance branch. And it will probably take a bit to adjust it for
FOP 0.20.5.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/examples/mathml/

On 16.07.2004 22:29:47 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India wrote:
> > I am using FOP for batch pagination of books. My problem with this is Math
> > content. When we encounter Math we need to switch to PassiveTeX. But if you
> > can add Math support to FOP itself if will be very useful.
> >
> > Is this task is in the whish list of FOP developers??
>
> There is a FOP MathML extension using JEuclid in the CVS repository.
> You can check it out (from the maintenance branch), build FOP and
> create a servicec entry for the MathML element mapping (there should
> be a sample), it should work then.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: MathML

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India wrote:
> I am using FOP for batch pagination of books. My problem with this is Math
> content. When we encounter Math we need to switch to PassiveTeX. But if you
> can add Math support to FOP itself if will be very useful.
>
> Is this task is in the whish list of FOP developers??

There is a FOP MathML extension using JEuclid in the CVS repository.
You can check it out (from the maintenance branch), build FOP and
create a servicec entry for the MathML element mapping (there should
be a sample), it should work then.

J.Pietschmann

Re: MathML

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl>.
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 03:38:00PM +0530, Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India wrote:
> I am using FOP for batch pagination of books. My problem with this is Math
> content. When we encounter Math we need to switch to PassiveTeX. But if you
> can add Math support to FOP itself if will be very useful.
>
> Is this task is in the whish list of FOP developers??

On my wish list, yes. In the near future, no.

I believe it is possible to do MathML using JEuclid, which gives you
SVG images for the formulas.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping