Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/14 07:51:21 UTC

[NL][Proposal] structure and process

Hi all,

I tried to rewrite the native language page,
http://ooo-site.apache.org/projects/native-lang.html, and to define
structure and process of Native Language Projects within Apache
OpenOffice.org (incubating) project.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Native+Language+Projects
-----
Native Language Projects

A Native Language Project has a native language list. They discuss
about their activity on the list. Their activities include
localization, translation, quality assurance, documentation, user
support and marketing etc. For these activities they can use the site
(ooo-site.apache.org/language-code), the wiki
(wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/language-code) and the pootle
server (translate.apache.org/projects/OOo/).

If you want to create your native language project, take the following steps.

1. You subscribe the project list, ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org.
2. Show your enthusiasm on the list
3. Become a committer and PPMC member if someone recommends you and
PPMC approves you as a committer and PPMC member.
4. Then on the project list you will propose a name of your native
language list. It should be looks like
ooo-xxxxx-(language-code)@incubator.apache.org where xxxxx will be a
word you like. For example Japanese Native Language Project chose
"general" for "xxxxx" so that its list name is
ooo-general-ja@incubator.apahce.org.
5. If no objection against your proposal, then file an issue titled
"Create ooo-xxxxx-(language-code)@incubator.apache.org"
6. When the list is created, the Apache OpenOffice.org (incubating)
project may help announce it using ooo-announce list if we have it
7. Or you can tell your friends or write a blog about your native
language list and encourage your native language users and
contributors to subscribe the list.
-----

If a current committer or a PPMC member wants to create her/his native
language project and to be a moderator for its native language list,
then it will be easy for them to create it and start their native
language activity because they can skip step 1, 2 and 3.
:)
Thanks,
khirano
--
khirano@apache.org
OpenOffice.org[TM](incubating)|The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Re: [NL][Proposal] structure and process

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ariel, Eric, Jürgen and all,

2011/12/14 Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>:
> On 12/14/11 1:23 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>>

>> Hi Eric, *,
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 01:14:16PM +0100, eric b wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> When I read : http://ooo-site.apache.org/projects/native-lang.html
>>>

>>> ... FYI, the french people listed are NO longer lead of anything,
>>> and are publicaly gone to the TDF, and resigned.
>>>
>>> I'd suggest to remove them, for obvious reasons.
>>

>> I'd suggest to remove the whole column; this is a new home, there are no
>> more Project Leads - something I find rather healthy :)
>

> +1
>
> Juergen

Sure. That is my proposal, see

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
Le 14 déc. 11 à 13:23, Ariel Constenla-Haile a écrit :

> Hi Eric, *,

Hi Ariel,

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 01:14:16PM +0100, eric b wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Le 14 déc. 11 à 07:51, Kazunari Hirano a écrit :
>>> Hi all,
>>> I tried to rewrite the native language page,
>>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/projects/native-lang.html,
>>
>> When I read : http://ooo-site.apache.org/projects/native-lang.html
>> ... FYI, the french people listed are NO longer lead of anything,
>> and are publicaly gone to the TDF, and resigned. I'd suggest to
>> remove them, for obvious reasons.
>
> I'd suggest to remove the whole column;

+1

> this is a new home, there are no more Project Leads - something I
> find rather healthy :)

Uff, you saved my day :-)

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə
Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news

Re: [NL][Proposal] structure and process

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric, *,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 01:14:16PM +0100, eric b wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 14 déc. 11 à 07:51, Kazunari Hirano a écrit :
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I tried to rewrite the native language page,
> >http://ooo-site.apache.org/projects/native-lang.html,
>

> When I read : http://ooo-site.apache.org/projects/native-lang.html
>

> ... FYI, the french people listed are NO longer lead of anything,
> and are publicaly gone to the TDF, and resigned.
>
> I'd suggest to remove them, for obvious reasons.

I'd suggest to remove the whole column; this is a new home, there are no
more Project Leads - something I find rather healthy :)

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [NL][Proposal] structure and process

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Khirano-san,

On Dec 16, 2011, at 8:58 PM, Kazunari Hirano wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks.

You are welcome!

> On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> BTW - I like Khirano's statements. I would only alter (2) - I would add after show your enthusiasm.   "and others will help you."
>
> I like yours.  May I take it?

YES! Please!

>  I have added "and others will help you."
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Native+Language+Projects
> :)

HTH,
Dave

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Thanks.

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net> wrote:
> BTW - I like Khirano's statements. I would only alter (2) - I would add after show your enthusiasm.   "and others will help you."

I like yours.  May I take it?  I have added "and others will help you."

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
On Dec 14, 2011, at 7:14 AM, eric b wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 14 déc. 11 à 07:51, Kazunari Hirano a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I tried to rewrite the native language page,
>> http://ooo-site.apache.org/projects/native-lang.html,
>

> When I read : http://ooo-site.apache.org/projects/native-lang.html
>

> ... FYI, the french people listed are NO longer lead of anything, and are publicaly gone to the TDF, and resigned.
>
> I'd suggest to remove them, for obvious reasons.

You are a committer, please feel free. You should be able to use the Bookmarklet and remove people. If someone comes forward with a problem we'll know it was you, if not then it is done :-)

> And if we look for other countries, it is obviously wrong too : most of them are gone to the TDF.
>

> It this intended ?

I certainly don't know. Others do, make your changes.

I don't have a problem with self-declared leaders who are project committers/PPMC members, take charge!

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
Hi,