Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Szaby Grünwald <sz...@apache.org> on 2013/07/18 14:30:52 UTC

Using an Entityhub site as a (live) LD cache

Hi!

I would like to use Entityhub with some predefined indices (like dbpedia,
geonames) and also for getting Linked data entities from the internet, live.
Is it possible? Setup instructions?

Note, that I only need to get the entities themself, I don't need the
enhancement features for them.

Thanks,
Szaby

Re: Using an Entityhub site as a (live) LD cache

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
Hi Szaby,

I'm fiddling around with the EntityHub these days, with the full DBPedia
3.8 Solr index and another index for a custom LD site. I'll let you know
if I come up with anything you might use.

So far I've managed to deploy Solr Yards and Referenced Sites for these
indices, and I can send EntityHub field queries to them. The part I'm
currently missing is making them also available via the Solr API.

Best,
Alessandro

--
Alessandro Adamou, Ph.D.

Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University
Walton Hall, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
United Kingdom

"I will give you everything, just don't demand anything."
(Ettore Petrolini, 1917)

Not sent from my iSnobTechDevice

Re: Using an Entityhub site as a (live) LD cache

Posted by Szaby Grünwald <sz...@apache.org>.
Sorry, I was gone for some days.

Thank you, I'll try that.

Best,
Szaby

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com>.
Hi Alessandro,

El 18/07/13 16:54, Alessandro Adamou escribió:
> On 18/07/2013 14:32, Rafa Haro wrote:
>> Hi Szaby!
>>
>> El 18/07/13 14:30, Szaby Grünwald escribió:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I would like to use Entityhub with some predefined indices (like
>>> dbpedia,
>>> geonames) and also for getting Linked data entities from the
>>> internet, live.
>>> Is it possible? Setup instructions?
>> As far as I know, in Stanbol doesn't exist a component similar to
>> LDClient in Linked Media Framework, so if you need to get remote
>> entities I would say that you need to implement something similar and
>> then use the EntityHub as cache for those entities.
>
> Well, what you can do is, when setting up a ReferencedSite
> configuration in the Felix console, to set the caching strategy to
> some value other than "All", and set the live querying options (SPARQL
> endpoint, CoolURI dereferencing etc.) as appropriate. I did that for a
> few LD sites like Revyu.
Good to know this!! Thank you very much!

Cheers

--

------------------------------
This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this

Zaizi Ltd is registered in England and Wales with the registration number
6440931. The Registered Office is Brook House, 229 Shepherds Bush Road,
London W6 7AN.

Re: Using an Entityhub site as a (live) LD cache

Posted by Szabolcs Grünwald <sz...@web.de>.

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com>.
Hi Szaby!

El 18/07/13 14:30, Szaby Grünwald escribió:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to use Entityhub with some predefined indices (like dbpedia,
> geonames) and also for getting Linked data entities from the internet, live.
> Is it possible? Setup instructions?
As far as I know, in Stanbol doesn't exist a component similar to
LDClient in Linked Media Framework, so if you need to get remote
entities I would say that you need to implement something similar and
then use the EntityHub as cache for those entities.

> Note, that I only need to get the entities themself, I don't need the
> enhancement features for them.
>
> Thanks,
> Szaby
Cheers