Posted to graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/23 09:43:58 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Move JCR Mapping to Jackrabbit

Hi,

On 4/17/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As already discussed, I'd like to formally propose moving the JCR
> Mapping codebase and related pieces of code
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/graffito/trunk/jcr/) to the
> Apache Jackrabbit project.
>
> Please vote on whether to move the codebase. The vote is open for the
> next 72 hours, with binding votes from the Graffito PPMC.

The vote passes with five binding +1 votes and three non-binding +1
votes. As the parallel vote on the Jackrabbit mailing list also
passed, I will now proceed to move the codebase.

The binding votes were:

    +1 Sandro Böhme
    +1 Christophe Lombart
    +1 Oliver Kiessler
    +1 Alexandru Popescu
    +1 Jukka Zitting

The non-binding votes were:

    +1 Ruchi Goel
    +1 Felix Meschberger
    +1 Carsten Ziegeler

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Move JCR Mapping to Jackrabbit

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 4/25/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Christophe is now a Jackrabbit committer, so he should have write
> access also the new location in subversion. Christophe, can you do a
> test commit to check that everything works fine?

I'm on customer site but I will try this evening.

Thanks
Christophe

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Move JCR Mapping to Jackrabbit

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 4/25/07, Alexandru Popescu ☀ <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know I haven't committed anything in Graffitto for the last months,
> but this was mainly because I was not agreeing with its direction at
> the time, and I was clearly saying that I am still interested in only
> OCM. Having in mind the InfoQ is probably the biggest application
> using OCM I would definitely like to preserve my commit role on the
> OCM project.

I believe the Jackrabbit PMC would be happy to have you on board. For
now we looked at the recent commit activity when selecting who should
be invited as a committer along with the codebase, but anyone who
shows renewed activity will probably receive committer status very
quickly based on earlier contributions.

Posted by Alexandru Popescu ☀ <th...@gmail.com>.
On 4/25/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4/23/07, Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > tha's ok now. We can move the code.
>
> OK, thanks. I've now moved the codebase to:
>
>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/jackrabbit-jcr-mapping
>
> I just did a svn move from .../incubator/graffito/trunk/jcr, so the
> build scripts are a bit broken at the moment, but I'll look into that
> later today.
>
> I also moved all the open JCR Mapping issues into the Jackrabbit
> project in Jira. See the jcr-mapping component in the Jackrabbit
> project.
>
> Christophe is now a Jackrabbit committer, so he should have write
> access also the new location in subversion. Christophe, can you do a
> test commit to check that everything works fine?
>
> As for the future development of the JCR mapping component, I would
> like to welcome everyone who is interested to join the Jackrabbit
> development mailing list and to continue any related discussions
> there.

I know I haven't committed anything in Graffitto for the last months,
but this was mainly because I was not agreeing with its direction at
the time, and I was clearly saying that I am still interested in only
OCM. Having in mind the InfoQ is probably the biggest application
using OCM I would definitely like to preserve my commit role on the
OCM project.

bests,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.
_____________________________________

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 4/25/07, ruchi goel <Ru...@sun.com> wrote:
> Did not get the "non-binding "  part of the vote ??

Everyone is welcome to participate in the vote and normally all votes
are heard, but in tight cases only votes from the PMC members are
binding to the project.

For example if someone outside the Graffito PPMC had cast a
non-binding -1 vote I would certainly have considered tabling the
issue until more consensus is achieved, but a binding -1 vote from a
Graffito committer would have vetoed the motion regardless of my
opinion.

Posted by ruchi goel <Ru...@Sun.COM>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4/17/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As already discussed, I'd like to formally propose moving the JCR
>> Mapping codebase and related pieces of code
>> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/graffito/trunk/jcr/) to the
>> Apache Jackrabbit project.
>>
>> Please vote on whether to move the codebase. The vote is open for the
>> next 72 hours, with binding votes from the Graffito PPMC.
>
> The vote passes with five binding +1 votes and three non-binding +1
> votes. As the parallel vote on the Jackrabbit mailing list also
> passed, I will now proceed to move the codebase.
>
> The binding votes were:
>
>    +1 Sandro Böhme
>    +1 Christophe Lombart
>    +1 Oliver Kiessler
>    +1 Alexandru Popescu
>    +1 Jukka Zitting
>
> The non-binding votes were:
>
>    +1 Ruchi Goel
>    +1 Felix Meschberger
>    +1 Carsten Ziegeler
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting
Did not get the "non-binding "  part of the vote ??
-Ruchi