Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by João Gouveia <jo...@anubisnetworks.com> on 2010/02/28 02:40:25 UTC

Fwd: DNSBL mirrors

Probably makes sense to post this here also?
Sorry for the cross post if it doesn't :-)

Re: DNSBL mirrors

Posted by João Gouveia <jo...@anubisnetworks.com>.
Hi Marc!

It would be best if you could just rsync the zones from us and set them up with a rbldnsd.
Would that be possible? I would prefer not having to to operate remote servers myself.
If you're up to it, let me know which IP addresses you'll be using for rsync and I'll add them to the ACL.

Thanks!

Re: Fwd: DNSBL mirrors

Posted by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>.

Mailspike IP Reputation (was: Re: Fwd: DNSBL mirrors)

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 01:40 +0000, João Gouveia wrote:
> http://mailspike.org/anubis/implementation_sa.html

I guess the rule definitions are slightly broken. After all, the ZBI
meta especially is meant to counter multiple hits. However, since the
plain Z eval() rule does not have a score assigned, it still *does* get
a default score of 1.0.

I'm also slightly irritated by the meta logic. A Z listed "spam wave
participant" only hits ZBI and thus its 4.1, if they are NOT also listed
with a poor reputation. That applies to senders with no previous
reputation data, as well as ones with a *good* reputation otherwise.

On the other hand, a L3 "low reputation" listing prevents ZBI hits, and
scores the 2.9 of L3 only. Compare that to the above with a good sender,
both currently listed in Z. Is that actually intended?

Ah, well, the default 1.0 for Z in this case makes up for that -- turns
the 2.9 into a 3.9 almost equal to 4.1...

What listing and scoring logic did you actually mean? Feel free to give
a verbal rather than logic expression. :)

Also, what I wondered about, can a single IP really have multiple,
different listing results? I should go dig into the code on this.

On a side note, the very brief "Bad" comment on your actual base
check_rbl() eval rule is quite irritating on a first look. Kind of gives
the impression of a bad example, with better rules following...

  guenther