Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> on 2006/09/08 09:19:23 UTC

Geronimo not showing errors on deployment in Eclipse

L.S.,

In fact, the title says it all.  I'm trying to use Eclipse with WTP (the
Callisto versions) and the Geronimo plug-in (version 1.1.0).  The server
starts, but when I try to publish my project, I get the message
"redeploy of configuration failed.  See log for details!".  I would
expect the log messages to appear on the console within Eclipse, but
they don't.  They don't appear in Geronimo's log file (var/log/...)
either.  Where can I find out what's wrong?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
gert@anova.be

Re: Geronimo not showing errors on deployment in Eclipse

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
No need too, this is now fixed though GERONIMODEVTOOLS-90.

On Sep 11, 2006, at 9:39 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> I think this is an important fix so if you could, please open a
> JIRA on this and we will try to address it ASAP.
>
> On Sep 8, 2006, at 11:25 PM, Efrén González wrote:
>
>> The log it refers to, can be found in your workspace/.metadata
>> directory
>>
>> There you'll be able to find out what's wrong with the deployment
>> process. Anyway, I agree it would be nice to be able to check if
>> from inside the eclipse IDE.
>>
>> Hope it helps
>>
>> - Efrén
>>
>> Gert Vanthienen wrote:
>>> L.S.,
>>> In fact, the title says it all.  I'm trying to use Eclipse with
>>> WTP (the Callisto versions) and the Geronimo plug-in (version
>>> 1.1.0).  The server starts, but when I try to publish my project,
>>> I get the message "redeploy of configuration failed.  See log for
>>> details!".  I would expect the log messages to appear on the
>>> console within Eclipse, but they don't.  They don't appear in
>>> Geronimo's log file (var/log/...) either.  Where can I find out
>>> what's wrong?
>>> Regards,
>>> Gert Vanthienen
>>> gert@anova.be
>> ______________________________
>> Visita http://www.tutopia.com y comienza a navegar más rápido en
>> Internet. Tutopia es Internet para todos.
>

> -sachin

-sachin

Re: Geronimo not showing errors on deployment in Eclipse

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Efrén González <go...@tutopia.com>.

______________________________

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
I agree, and I thought it used to do that.  Would you be able to look
into it and provide a patch?

On Sep 8, 2006, at 3:35 AM, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> Apparently, there was still an old version of the war file in
> Geronimo's repository.  This web application's state was stopped
> and this was keeping the new version of the application of being
> installed.  I figured this out by manually copying the war file to
> the hot deploy directory.  This way, some messages appeared on the
> Geronimo console explaining the problem.  It would be nice to see
> these messages appear on the Eclipse error message dialog though.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> gert@anova.be
>
> Gert Vanthienen wrote:
>> L.S.,
>>
>> In fact, the title says it all.  I'm trying to use Eclipse with
>> WTP (the Callisto versions) and the Geronimo plug-in (version
>> 1.1.0).  The server starts, but when I try to publish my project,
>> I get the message "redeploy of configuration failed.  See log for
>> details!".  I would expect the log messages to appear on the
>> console within Eclipse, but they don't.  They don't appear in
>> Geronimo's log file (var/log/...) either.  Where can I find out
>> what's wrong?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gert Vanthienen
>> gert@anova.be

-sachin

Re: Geronimo not showing errors on deployment in Eclipse

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.