Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by begineer <re...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/22 07:15:57 UTC

How Ignite manages primary and secondary nodes

Hi,
I am bit confused about how ignite manages which nodes is primary and
secondary. Every distributed grid has some node which has information about
primary and secondary nodes so if primary goes down, one of primary is made
secondary which out any data loss(loss here means if primary node data wan't
completely replicated in secondary before primary went down). How does it
work in ignite.

2. Also, If I send a request to fetch one entry of cache o a grid of 10
nodes say. How does it work? Will the request land in random node, search
key there if not send it to next node and so on. Then if entry is found on
nth node, will the result be sent back to client from nth node or it comes
back to 1st node

3. Who stores the metadata information, as I understand, there is not master
node in ignite.

Thanks

Re: How Ignite manages primary and secondary nodes

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Each node could be primary for some partitions and backup for other. It's
defined by affinity function: https://apacheignite.readme.
io/docs/affinity-collocation#section-affinity-function

Node, which performs fetch request can easily understand, to which
partition key belongs and determine on which node it placed by using
affinity function.

Each node needs to store metadata since it's needed to perform operations
on the cluster.

Evgenii