Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/05 07:56:48 UTC

32e3238 affected podlings.json output

The change 32e3238 to podlings.rb dropped [1] the following line:

hash[:reporting][:monthly] = r.text.split(/,\s*/) if r['monthly']

This means the JSON output no longer has the monthly breakdown [2]

Was that really intended?

[1] https://github.com/apache/whimsy/commit/32e3238e6f4c34ee91a5052350a7fbfc3165556e#diff-fac53f2b7ebdbbd51e5ab412b26a6581L227

[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6a1b7af162914c150f24b97e7a6d781212305dd104edb5071525b59b@%3Cnotifications.whimsical.apache.org%3E

Re: 32e3238 affected podlings.json output

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

On 2017-06-05 03:56 (-0400), sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The change 32e3238 to podlings.rb dropped [1] the following line:
>
> hash[:reporting][:monthly] = r.text.split(/,\s*/) if r['monthly']
>
> This means the JSON output no longer has the monthly breakdown [2]
>
> Was that really intended?

No, it was not intended.  I've raised https://github.com/apache/whimsy/pull/32 to add it back.

I'm not sure how useful that monthly block was, as it only described those reporting monthly.  Regular reporting was just the group.  I've also added a schedule array that includes the translated months + monthly months.