Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com> on 2006/03/22 19:20:36 UTC

3.1.1: make: Nothing to be done for `Makefile.PL'.

Want to install/compile 3.1.1 the first time. I tried on two different
linux systems and get
make: Nothing to be done for `Makefile.PL'.

"make Makefile.PL" for 3.1.0 is still okay.
I assume I'm missing something obvious? Nothing about different configure
instructions in the wiki or INSTALL notes.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: 3.1.1: make: Nothing to be done for `Makefile.PL'.

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
JamesDR wrote on Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:35:17 -0500:

> perl Makefile.PL

Ah, well, braindead. I could have looked a thousand times on my own
writing and wouldn't have noticed the error. I simply did it too often in
the past. Thanks!

Kai

Posted by Ruben Cardenal <ru...@ruben.cn>.
> Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> > Want to install/compile 3.1.1 the first time. I tried on two different
> > linux systems and get
> > make: Nothing to be done for `Makefile.PL'.
> >
> > "make Makefile.PL" for 3.1.0 is still okay.
> > I assume I'm missing something obvious? Nothing about different
> configure
> > instructions in the wiki or INSTALL notes.
> >
> > Kai
> >

> perl Makefile.PL

  Aka RTFM

Ruben

Re: 3.1.1: make: Nothing to be done for `Makefile.PL'.

Posted by JamesDR <ja...@trusswood.net>.
Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Want to install/compile 3.1.1 the first time. I tried on two different
> linux systems and get
> make: Nothing to be done for `Makefile.PL'.
>
> "make Makefile.PL" for 3.1.0 is still okay.
> I assume I'm missing something obvious? Nothing about different configure
> instructions in the wiki or INSTALL notes.
>
> Kai

perl Makefile.PL

James