Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 17:49:46 UTC

Re: Reset admin user + disable password auto-change

Hi

When I try to login as admin after a few months it asked me to change
the password. I did, and when I tried to login it would get back to
the login page.

I tried then to get the password sent to me. I got an email to reset
the password, and then it didn't ask for a new password and when I
tried to login it wouldn't allow me to.

I ended up having to delete the user database and register the admin
again, it scared me...

regards
Emerson

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 9:49 AM, emerson cargnin
<ec...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I try to login as admin after a few months it asked me to change
> the password. I did, and when I tried to login it would get back to
> the login page.

I've had this happen occasionally.  Deleting all the cookies for that
server usually fixes it.

If it happens again, look at the log file while you're trying to log
in.  You'll probably see it immediately invalidating the login cookie.

--
Wendy