Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Richard Reyes <se...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/29 07:43:39 UTC

Portal Coplets - Access

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to not let a specific Roles ( or Usergroups like guest or
admin ) to access all available coplets?
Well, except for declarings it like the admin coplet..

  <coplet id="administration">
       <resource uri="cocoon:raw:/sunspotdemosunlet-administration.xml"/>
        <configuration>
           <mandatory>false</mandatory>
           <sizable>true</sizable>
           <active>false</active> <!-- this is only active for admins -->
       </configuration>
       <title>Administration</title>
       <status>
            <visible>true</visible>
            <size>max</size>
   </status>
  </coplet>

Configurations:
Windows 2000 Advance Server
j2sdk1.4.0_03
Apache Tomcat/4.1.12-LE-jdk14

Thanks
Richard

RE: Portal Coplets - Access

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Richard Reyes wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I think I have done what I have to do with regards to securing
> coplets, well
> the steps includes reinstalling the sample portal but it works now.
>
> Regarding option (a), isn't the global profile independent with any other
> Role-profile, why do i need to enable coplets in global profile when I can
> secure thall available coplets in each role profile?

Yes, the global profile is independant. All I tried to explain is that you
*can* enable all in the global profile and only disable them in the role
profile when this role is not allowed to view the coplet. This setting
makes sense depending on the number of coplets and roles and how many
coplets are not allowed in how many roles.
If you have for example 100 coplets and 10 roles and only one coplet
is not allowed with one role then (a) would work very well.
In other scenarios (b) is more appropriate.

HTH
Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG