Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/04 16:19:10 UTC

Re: Regarding Solr Admin "LoadTermInfo" section

The underlying Lucene segments are only written once. This affects a
lot of things with commit strategies, document update limitations,
etc. So, when documents are deleted, they are still present in the
lucene structures and can affect some low-level statistics.

If you manage to delete the whole segment worth of data, that segment
AFAIK gets dropped and the counts get more real. Also, when the merge
is triggered.

So, yes, you may have peeked under the hood. Does it really affect
your work with Solr or it was just a puzzle to solve?

Regards,
   Alex.