Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org> on 2014/04/09 23:08:13 UTC

restore snapshot on another cluster

Hello all,

When I take a snapshot on cluster 1, copy it to cluster 2 using ExportSnapshot utility, what permissions should I set on the snapshot to be able to clone it into a new table? I matched the permissions of the external snapshot to the permissions of any local snapshots on cluster 2 and still get hbase user write permission errors. Am I missing something?

Thanks

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.

Re: restore snapshot on another cluster

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
You can either give user hbase write access to /apps, or use another
directory where user hbase can write to.

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.