Posted to user@struts.apache.org by rahul kshirsagar <ra...@rediffmail.com> on 2006/01/12 14:36:53 UTC

Opening a New window

Hi,

I am using struts in my application.I have one JSP in which i have "search" and "submit" button.I am opening a new window on click of "search" and populating a jsp.Now i want to pass a value from this new jsp to old jsp and also want to retain data in old jsp.I am not able to pass the value back to old jsp?Do i need to call action class on submit of new jsp?

Can you provide me the solution for the same?

Re: Opening a New window

Posted by Rick Reumann <st...@reumann.net>.
rahul kshirsagar wrote the following on 1/12/2006 8:36 AM:
> Hi,
>
> Do i need to call action class on submit
 > of new jsp?

I wasn't able to follow all of your original post, but in my opinion,
you should always go through an Action, even if it's the the default
ActionForward. This way, if later on you truly need to do some
processing in a custom Action you just change you action mapping and
don't need to change any of your jsp links.

--
Rick