Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Milind Sawant <mi...@skandiabank.ch> on 2002/07/23 10:19:52 UTC

response corrupted

Hi

I am using apache 1.3.26.
when requests are made to it using IE 5.5/6.0 ( HTTP 1.1) , apache is
responding with HTTP 1.0.
But with NS 6.1/6.2 it is responding HTTP 1.1.

any reasons for such a behaviour and any solution/workaround.

any help is highly appreciated

thanks and regards

Milind Sawant
Web Administrator (Apollo)
TCS

+0041 1 288 4675

Re: Dr.Watson errors after Apache 1.3.26 on NT 4.0 SP6

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
marcello s wrote:
> hello all,
>
> A newbie in Apache here :)
> and I just installed Apache(s) as service on an NT 4 SP6a test box here.
>
> 1. this might sound foolish, but am I supposed to Stop Apache first before
> editing httpd.conf?
> or can i edit httpd.conf, then just Restart Apache?
> How is the correct way to test various httpd.conf if i only have one NT
box
> to try?

Boyle Owen covered that.

> 2. I notice that after several restart of Apache, it refuses to start, Dr.
> Watson appears, and there theres error 0x0000005 0x00T210c3.
> Is it caused by the Question #1 above? Or is this a known issue of
> something?
>
> I also notice in Event manager and error.log, several errors about SMTP
> something. But, even with that errors the Apache will have to be restarted
> several times before the Apache refuses to start completely.
>
> The problem wont go away with just Repairing from the Apache .msi
> I need to complete uninstall and reinstall Apache 1.3.26 to make the
problem
> go.
> I tried to re-download the installer, with the same effect.
>
> I tried to install the 2.0.39. The Dr.Watson errors still pops up. But
> Apache keeps working.
> Its what I use now.
>
> Any idea on what am I suppose to check about this Dr. Watson error?

Only thing I can say, is that it's not related to your first question. I
don't know enough of NT 4 to be able to judge what can cause this behaviour.
Probably the system is messed up, and Apache tickle it. That is to say, it's
probably not anything wrong with your Apache installation, but Apache and
your system don't like each other.

I leave this to some one who knows better ;-)

> 3. If I change some value in php.ini, should I restart Apache to make it
in
> effect?

That I can answer; no. I don't really know when PHP reload it's config, but
I've noticed that it can take a while before it reacts on the changes.
Possibly it checks if it has been modified after a request, so that it will
take at least one request using the old config. You don't need to restart
Apache.

Regards,
Robert Andersson

Dr.Watson errors after Apache 1.3.26 on NT 4.0 SP6

Posted by "marcello s." <ce...@cbn.net.id>.
hello all,

[...]

thanks in advance!

regards,