Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stuart Roebuck <sr...@adolos.com> on 2000/11/08 19:49:27 UTC

[C2 & Tomcat 4.0m4] Does anyone have this combination working?

I've posted a few questions on whether anyone has C2 and Tomcat 4.0m4 running together, but haven't spotted any replies.  I thought I'd give it another go!

I've been using a previous C2 build with 4.0m2 without any problems.

I believe there are problems with class loaders and clashing classes trying to run with 4.0m4, but I haven't established if:

1. There is a known workaround.
2. There is any plan to fix the problem.
3. The problem is perceived to be with C2, Tomcat or anywhere else?

Thanks,

Stuart.
Stuart Roebuck, BSc, MBA        Tel.: 0131 228 4853 / Fax.: 0870 054 8322
Managing Director                       Alpha Numeric Pager: 07654 588898

Re: [C2 & Tomcat 4.0m4] Does anyone have this combination working?

Posted by Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com>.
On Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:49:27 +0000
Stuart Roebuck <sr...@adolos.com> wrote:

> I've posted a few questions on whether anyone has C2 and Tomcat 4.0m4 running together, but haven't spotted any replies.  I thought I'd give it another go!

I got it running, but not without problems. I checked out C2 a view days ago, maybe a week.
I had to remove the crimson.jar from the Tomcat lib directory (Because of that I can't use JSP but I don't need it.)
I did not yet check XSP but normal operation (SVG2JPG, XSLT,..) seems to be fine.

I also dicovered that if initialization of Cocoon fails, during Tomcat shutdown some of the files and directories in webapps/cocoon get lost.

Conny Krappatsch

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com