Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Carl Brodeur <ca...@modelio.com> on 2003/04/13 19:05:08 UTC

Spindle & Tomcat

Is there a documented procedure to take an existing Tomcat app in
Eclipse and created a Spindle Tapestry project inside ?

Or the other way around, take a Tapestry application project and make
it Tomcat ready.

I was able to do it the other day but lost my notes.

I think that is the kind of documentation that should appear on the
Tapestry web site so it makes it easy for everyone to get quickly get
started.

I am using Sysdeo Tomcat plugin.

cheers

Re: Spindle & Tomcat

Posted by Carl Brodeur <ca...@modelio.com>.
OK found it in the FAQ page under the Spindle installation directory.

<eclipse_home>/plugins/com.iw.plugins.spindle/spindle_<version>_FAQ.html

Works fine.

I leave a copy below for future newbies like me (so its picked up in
the "search" of the Tapestry archive)...

Spindle 1.1.0

Converting Projects into Tapestry Projects

Its easy to convert existing Java Projects into Tapestry Projects. You
can even do this if the Java Project does not contain an Application or
Library (you will be asked to create one).

To invoke the conversion utility select, in the Package Explorer, the
project. Right click on it, choosing Spindle -> Convert to Tapestry
Project

You will be given options depending on:

If the Project has one and only one Application or Library there are no
options, click "Finish" to convert.
If the Project has more than one Application or Library (choose from
several), the user will be prompted to select one, click "Finish" to
convert.
If no Application or Library exists in the project, the user will be
given the choice of creating an Application or Library. After filling
out the required information for thier choice, users can
click "Finish:.
And now you have a Tapestry Project.

Note:

The "choose from several option" is a quick way to convert a project
that has more than one Application or Library in it. Spindle will
ignore (possibly forever) the Apps/Libs not chosen. It is recommended
that users split those "unchosens" into their own Tapestry Projects.
The best way to do this is to create a new Java Project, move files
into it, and then convert it.