Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by gsw204 <gs...@163.com> on 2013/08/20 12:28:11 UTC

about append

hi,
   I want to know why append does not support in hadoop-1.1.x?

gsw

Re: about append

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Append implementation in 1.x was the first take, and was found to
carry a few important issues, for which it therefore received a newer
implementation in what's now 0.23.x/2.x. Read
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-265.

--
Harsh J

Re: about append

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

答复: about append

Posted by "Francis.Hu" <fr...@reachjunction.com>.
it is due to that it cannot handle the situation well about the concurrent access to same file.

   I want to know why append does not support in hadoop-1.1.x?

  _____

gsw

Re: about append

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.