Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/17 21:11:59 UTC

including third-party sources in distribution

Hi,

We (the developers of Mesos, a project incubating in Apache) would like to
include some third-party software in our distribution. All of the software
has an Apache authorized or compatible license, and we're including each of
the third-party licenses in our NOTICE file. Our plan was to include each
of the third-party components as tar.gz archives (our build process
unarchives them before building them). According to
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html under "Category A: Authorized
Licenses" including either the dependencies in source or binary form is
acceptable, does this include as tar.gz archives?

Thanks!

Ben.