Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "King, Leon C" <le...@verizonbusiness.com> on 2007/04/20 19:49:18 UTC

AJAX validation

Hi all,

            I'm using struts 2.0.6.  I'm having an awful time trying to
find a working example of form validation using AJAX.  When I enable
ajax on my forms, I notice a javascript error at the bottom of my MS IE
6.0 window.   Is it possible to use plain Javascript for form validation
if I have AJAX fields?

Thanks,

Leon

Re: Flex front end

Posted by Felipe Rodrigues <fe...@yahoo.com.br>.
I don't think there is "why" to use struts and flex together.
Flex by itself is the hole View and controler part. When using with Java,
through Flex Data Service or Remote Function Call, Java becomes responsible
for the Model layer, and nothing more. The other things are inside
ActionScript scope.

The biggest problem of Flex is to make sure everybody that will use your app
have the FlashPlayer 9.0 or higher.

Regards,

Felipe

Re: Flex front end

RE: Flex front end

Posted by Frank Russo <Fr...@sas.com>.

Posted by Joe Yuen <jo...@chisq.com>.
Has anyone had any experience getting Adobe's Flex product to work with struts?

Re: AJAX validation

Posted by Felipe Rodrigues <fe...@yahoo.com.br>.
Try take the theme="ajax" of your form. Put theme="ajax" in your submit
button.
Then, you can remove any DWR reference of your project if you're not using
to anything else.
Should work, at least until we got fixed the ajax validation.

Regards,

Felipe

Re: AJAX validation

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.