Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/03/02 14:43:28 UTC

fixes for uimaFIT-v3 to work with uv3-alpha02

To get uimaFIT-v3 to work with alpha02 I had to do the following changes (not
committed yet):

To the uimafit-core and uimafit-legacy-support poms:
  add a test scope dependency on org.slf4j:slf4j-jdk14:1.7.24.  This is the
"back end" for slf4j that hooks up the uv3 logging to the java.util.logger
implementation.  These tests assume that is the logger being used.

Re-implement the ExtendedLogger in uimafit-core:
 - make it extend uv3's common logger impl: Logger_common_impl
   -- this adds a bunch of methods from the slf4j API and some Java 8 ones using
lambda-style args from log4j
 - support CONFIG and FINEST levels the same way other loggers do this: by mapping
   CONFIG -> logger.info with a marker of UIMA_MARKER_CONFIG (unless another
marker is supplied)
   FINEST -> logger.trace with a marker of UIMA_MARKER_FINEST (unless another
marker is supplied)

uimafit-core pom: override the maven-enforcer-plugin backward compatibility
testing, because the changes to ExtendedLogger added a bunch of new methods.

Is it OK if I commit these to the uimafit-v3 trunk?

-Marshall

Re: fixes for uimaFIT-v3 to work with uv3-alpha02

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Sure, fine by me :)

-- Richard