Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Hussein Baghdadi <hu...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/19 21:13:04 UTC

Lints to catch when trying to fix an issue

Hi,

First, I would like to thank Mr. Marz and the whole Storm community for
this piece of art.

To say thank you and be part of the community, I want to devote parts of my
time for Storm development.

I'm trying to pick an issue to start with (simple one) but I have no clue
which one to pick or where to start (even if I picked one).

I would like to suggest the following:
When creating a JIRA issue, kindly leave some clues about where to start.

Thank you all and sorry for any misconvenience.

Best,
Hussein.

--

*Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing,
doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.Edgar Allan

Re: Lints to catch when trying to fix an issue

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Hussein,

> When creating a JIRA issue, kindly leave some clues about where to start.

Here is one: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-251

There is a JIRA tag called "newbie" that is being used.  To search for such issues, see [1].

If you are interested in taking a certain issue, but there is not yet enough information, then you can ask for clarification by adding a comment in the issue.

Thank you for your interest,
--
Derek

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-251?jql=project%20%3D%20STORM%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC