Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Duane Hill <d....@yournetplus.com> on 2006/06/14 15:15:56 UTC

Don't know if someone can point me in a direction to look or not. I'm
using SA through a third-party plugin for our MTA. This is running on
FreeBSD 6.0 with SA v3.1.1 on Perl v5.8.7.

As soon as I move aproximately 520K of rules into the directory with the
local.cf and restart the plugin, messages start to pile up in the MTA's
queue. If I move the rules out and restart the plugin, everything resumes
to normal. The server has plenty of resources available to handle
everything.

I'm suspecting it's the plugin and how it forks child processes. It
doesn't reuse the child processes. Once the child process is finished, it
is eventually cleaned up.

If I was able to get a plugin set in to use spamd, would I be seeing the
same results?

--
"This message was sent using 100% recycled electrons."