Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com.INVALID> on 2022/02/22 10:15:35 UTC

Volume Snapshot in VMware

Hello Guys,

We do have a feature in CloudStack to take a volume snapshot, it means it will take the copy of the disk and put into the secondary storage. But when we have VMware as hypervisor and when we do take volume snapshot it clone the entire VM and put into the secondary storage.

So if I have 4-5 disks in a VM and if go to the particular disk and take volume snapshot, it clone the entire VM including all the disks and put into the secondary storage. Isn’t it consider only particular disk instead of all disks.

Regards,
Vivek Kumar

information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the
original message and any copy of it from your computer system. You are
communication is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been
obtained for such action. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately. Although IndiQus attempts to sweep
e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that both are
virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of
viruses.

Re: Volume Snapshot in VMware

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com.INVALID>.
Yups. Exactly the same..!  Thanks @pearl

Regards,
Vivek Kumar

Posted by Pearl d'Silva <pe...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Vivek,

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@indiqus.com.INVALID>.
ACS version is -  4.15.2 and VMware is - 6.7

Regards
Vivek Kumar

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi,