Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mani <pu...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/23 19:41:43 UTC

Leaving out Accounting module altogether

Dear Ofbiz Devs and Users:

For on of the prospective clients, we are considering using OfBiz to develop
a custom ERP solution. But accounting is done outside as a separate
solution. How complex is it to leave out accounting but get the rest of the
functions like order processing working?

Any pointers and tips in this regard is very much appreciated

Warm Regards,
Mani.

Re: Leaving out Accounting module altogether

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
BJ,

Only hiding will not work as there may be chances at many places where you will get the errors in posting transactions because of missing GL data.

Thanks & Regards
--
Pranay Pandey

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This is not exactly true, see https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Component+and+Component+Set+Dependencies

Jacques

Posted by prasanth r <pr...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
This should be doable. You can disable accounting transaction postings while orders are processed. This can be disabled by commenting secas which are used for transaction posting during order processing.

Thanks & Regards
--
Pranay Pandey