Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hardy <vh...@eng.sun.com> on 2001/03/31 03:21:06 UTC

batik-1.0beta2rc7 Developer Build Available

Hello!

There is a new developer build at:

1. Binary distribution:
   http://xml.apache.org/batik/dist/batik-1.0beta2rc7.zip

2. Source distribution:
   http://xml.apache.org/batik/dist/batik-src-1.0beta2rc7.zip

The README on the download page recaps the changes in the various
developer releases since beta1.

If you'd like to report bugs or request API changes/improvements, you
can either post to the developer list or enter a bug in Bugzilla under
the Batik project at:

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

Thanks.
Vincent Hardy.

Re: batik-1.0beta2rc7 Developer Build Available

Posted by Stephane Hillion <sh...@ilog.fr>.
On Wednesday 04 April 2001 01:56, Steve Loughran wrote:

> This build has moved from a  184KB version of crimson.jar to  a 66KB
> crimson-parser.jar. What are the differences and why was the change made?

The difference is that Crimson's SAX2 interfaces, DOM2 interfaces and DOM2
implementation have been dropped.
The change was made to win 118KB :)

> I'm curious as getting the xml parser of the j2ee engine to align with the
> crimson.jar that batik needs is an ongoing issue with me, and I dont know
> if this change is going to make things better or worse...

crimson-parser.jar is distributed with Batik to provide a default XML parser,
but you can plug your own parser, including of course another version of
Crimson. The only requirement is to be SAX2 compliant.
Be also careful of potential classpath problems if your parser's archive
contains a beta version of the DOM2 bindings.
--
  Stephane.

Re: batik-1.0beta2rc7 Developer Build Available

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> The README on the download page recaps the changes in the various
> developer releases since beta1.
>
> If you'd like to report bugs or request API changes/improvements, you
> can either post to the developer list or enter a bug in Bugzilla under
> the Batik project at:

This build has moved from a  184KB version of crimson.jar to  a 66KB
crimson-parser.jar. What are the differences and why was the change made?
I'm curious as getting the xml parser of the j2ee engine to align with the
crimson.jar that batik needs is an ongoing issue with me, and I dont know if
this change is going to make things better or worse...

-steve