Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by robert rottermann <ro...@redcor.ch> on 2009/03/06 07:55:47 UTC

[users@httpd] how can I check whether a a module is "executed" at all?

hi there,

I am fighting to get SSO with ntlm authenticating running.

My problem is, that I, whatever I do only get an "authentication required"
error, but no authentication box presented. I tried with IE, firefox (on winows
and linux).

I am using (trying at least) sambas auth_ntlm_winbind module.
this module uses a helper utility. I replaced this helper by my own python
script that does nothing but logging its execution. however, it is never
executed and therefor it seems, that tis module is never called.

I am working on a SuSe 11.1 box Apache is 2.2.10

thanks
robert

here my virtual host stanza:
<VirtualHost 10.168.1.101:80>
    DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs/

    ServerAdmin robert@redcor.net
    ServerName  zehnder.redcor.home
    CustomLog     /var/log/apache2/zehnder-access.log combined
    ErrorLog      /var/log/apache2/zehnder-error.log
    #LogLevel warn
    LogLevel debug

    # don't loose time with IP address lookups
    HostnameLookups Off

    # needed for named virtual hosts
    UseCanonicalName Off

    # configures the footer on server-generated documents
    ServerSignature On

    # /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
    <Location />
        AuthName "NTLM Authentication thingy"
        NTLMAuth on
        NTLMAuthHelper "/tmp/sso.py"
        NTLMBasicAuthoritative off
        AuthType NTLM
        NTLMBasicAuth on
        #set to 'on' to activate Basic authentication (for non-NTLM browsers)
        NTLMBasicRealm "nj usw'
        #Realm to use for Basic authentication
        require valid-user
    </Location>
    RewriteEngine On

    # use #RewriteLog to debug problems with your rewrite rules
    # disable it after you found the error our your harddisk will be filled
*very fast*
    RewriteLog /var/log/apache2/zehnder-rewrite.log
    RewriteLogLevel 3

    RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} (.+)
       RewriteRule .* - [E=RU:%1]
       RequestHeader set X_REMOTE_USER %{RU}e

    # Normalize URLs by removing trailing /'s
    # Add to virtual host block for zehnder.redcor.home:80
    RewriteRule /(.*)/$
http://127.0.0.1:8110/VirtualHostBase/http/zehnder.redcor.home:80/zehnderi/zehnderi/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)