Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Vince M. Clark" <vc...@globalera.com> on 2008/12/04 02:21:02 UTC

webpos - how to over ride price?

I tried going to manager screen and using "Modify Price". Doesn't seem to do anything. Is there any way to over ride prices on the fly?

Re: webpos - how to over ride price?

Posted by Richard Fleming <ri...@thebva.com>.
I don't think the code in webpos is complete for a lookup on good_identification. The form invokes additem in shoppingcartevents and that method requires the passing of a product_id - it doesn't appear to do any kind of lookup. It seems reasonable to do the lookup first and then call the additem method with the correct product_id parameter.

Rick

Posted by "Vince M. Clark" <vc...@globalera.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

cache and FTL and Timeout.

Posted by Fabien JALABERT <fa...@laposte.net>.
Hello, I've 2 questions on tuning ofbiz.

1) On a production site, the search page returns a list of numerous products (more than 200).
The main content view of the search result page call rendering of productsummary for each product in result set.

This view contains 2 calls:
- productsummary.bsh
- productsummary.ftl

I've put dates to make chrono in the productsummary. BSH execution needs only between 15 to 50 ms. But each execution of the bsh is separated with about 300 ms. So there seem to be a process that need 270ms between BSH: controler ? widget ? ftl ?

When I reload this page, using Shift+F5, the BSH has same duration (very fast) but no other process is done around.
Then I launch a new search and each summary need 300 ms.

So can somebody tell me what is done with in these 270ms and how to tune it like in the ShiftF5 approach ?

2) TIMEOUT
When a client request needs more that 60 sec. the DB links is off that many logs are displays (many thousands lines).
Do you know where I could configure this timeout to increase it ? Is this dangerous for production site ? Is there a solution to break display in console of these thousands of products.

Thanks a lot.

Re: webpos - how to over ride price?

Posted by "Vince M. Clark" <vc...@globalera.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by "Vince M. Clark" <vc...@globalera.com>.
I found the error causing the Modify Price process to fail in webpos.

2008-12-04 15:12:25,096 (TP-Processor13) [ WebPosTransaction.java:175:INFO ] Modify item price 67890/22.0
2008-12-04 15:12:25,096 (TP-Processor13) [ WebPosTransaction.java:180:INFO ] Item not found 67890 2008-12-04 15:12:25,105 (TP-Processor13) [ EntityExpr.java:267:WARN ] ---- exception report ---------------------------------------------------------- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= DATABASE TYPE ERROR in EntityExpr =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= In entity field [TaxAuthorityRateProduct.minItemPrice] set the value passed in [java.math.BigDecimal] is not compatible with the Java type of the field [Double] Exception: java.lang.Exception Message: Location of database type error ---- stack trace --------------------------------------------------------------- java.lang.Exception: Location of database type error org.ofbiz.entity.condition.EntityExpr.checkRhsType(EntityExpr.java:267) org.ofbiz.entity.condition.EntityExpr.makeWhereString(EntityExpr.java:167) org.ofbiz.entity.condition.EntityJoinOperator.addSqlValue(EntityJoinOperator.java:54) org.ofbiz.entity.condition.EntityExpr.makeWhereString(EntityExpr.java:170) org.ofbiz.entity.condition.EntityJoinOperator.addSqlValue(EntityJoinOperator.java:67) org.ofbiz.entity.condition.EntityConditionListBase.makeWhereString(EntityConditionListBase.java:89) org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericDAO.selectListIteratorByCondition(GenericDAO.java:676) org.ofbiz.entity.datasource.GenericHelperDAO.findListIteratorByCondition(GenericHelperDAO.java:140) org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDelegator.find(GenericDelegator.java:2273) org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDelegator.findList(GenericDelegator.java:2314) org.ofbiz.accounting.tax.TaxAuthorityServices.getTaxAdjustments(TaxAuthorityServices.java:309) org.ofbiz.accounting.tax.TaxAuthorityServices.rateProductTaxCalc(TaxAuthorityServices.java:182) sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.serviceInvoker(StandardJavaEngine.java:96) org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.runSync(StandardJavaEngine.java:54) org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:384) org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:213) org.ofbiz.service.GenericDispatcher.runSync(GenericDispatcher.java:149) org.ofbiz.order.shoppingcart.CheckOutHelper.getTaxAdjustments(CheckOutHelper.java:859) org.ofbiz.order.shoppingcart.CheckOutHelper.calcAndAddTax(CheckOutHelper.java:764)

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Vince M. Clark" <vc...@globalera.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.