Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/04/21 11:14:06 UTC

[Velocity Wiki] Trivial Update of "RebuildSites" by HenningSchmiedehausen

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Velocity Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by HenningSchmiedehausen:
http://wiki.apache.org/velocity/RebuildSites

  = Rebuild the various Velocity sites =

- We use [http://maven.apache.org/ Apache Maven 2] For building a number of sites related to the Velocity TLP. This used to be somewhat tricky but with Maven 2.0.6, the complexity has been reduced a lot. And with our Solaris Zone, it became even less.
+ We use [http://maven.apache.org/ Apache Maven 2] for building a number of sites related to the Velocity TLP. This used to be somewhat tricky but with Maven 2.0.6, the complexity has been reduced a lot. And with our Solaris Zone, it became even less.

  == Prerequisites ==

  You need a login on velocity.zones.apache.org. If you are a committer, you can request this from the PMC. See ZonesLogin on how to do this.

- To deploy the site, you must use the same SSH key to log into velocity.zones.apache.org as you use to log into people.apache.org. If you use different keys, make sure
+ To deploy the site, you must use the same SSH key to log into ''velocity.zones.apache.org'' as you use to log into ''people.apache.org''. If you use different keys, make sure
  that you have an SSH Agent that forwards your keys.

- You '''must''' be able to log into people.apache.org from velocity.zones.apache.org without any password or confirmation questions required. The deploy process is non-interactive and will fail. If you can not deploy the site, please check whether you can run ''ssh -l <your apache id> people.apache.org''. You must do this once anyway, because the first time the authenticity of ''people.apache.org'' needs to be verified.
+ You '''must''' be able to log into ''people.apache.org'' from ''velocity.zones.apache.org'' without any password or confirmation questions required. The deploy process is non-interactive and will fail otherwise. If you can not deploy the site, please check whether you can run ''ssh -l <your apache id> people.apache.org''. You must do this once anyway, because the first time the authenticity of ''people.apache.org'' needs to be verified.

- You also need a local settings file (typically located in ''/export/home/<your apache id>/.m2/settings.xml) that references your Apache Id for the deployment:
+ You also need a local settings file (typically located in ''/export/home/<your apache id>/.m2/settings.xml'') that references your Apache Id for the deployment:

  {{{<settings>
    <servers>
@@ -27, +27 @@

  == Maven installation on velocity.zones.apache.org ==

- Maven 2.0.6 is installed on velocity.zones.apache.org in ''/usr/local/bin''. This is a standard Maven installation.
+ Maven 2.0.6 is installed on ''velocity.zones.apache.org'' in ''/usr/local/bin''. This is a standard Maven installation.

  == Local velocity user ==

@@ -37, +37 @@

  All Velocity related sites are rebuilt in the same way:

-  * Do your site changes on your local computer, not velocity.zones.apache.org
+  * Do your site changes on your local computer, not ''velocity.zones.apache.org''
   * If you are satisfied, check them into the Subversion repository
-  * Log into velocity.zones.apache.org
+  * Log into ''velocity.zones.apache.org''
   * Change your group Id to read '''velocity''' by running ''newgrp velocity''
   * Verify by running the ''id'' command. It should look like this:

@@ -47, +47 @@

  uid=1234(apache-user-id) gid=5543(velocity)
  }}}

-  * Now run the desired rebuild script as listed below. This script updates the local copy of the site source (in ''/export/home/velocity/deploy''), builds the site and deploys it under your Apache User id to ''velocity.apache.org''
+  * Now run the desired rebuild script as listed below. This script updates the local copy of the site source (in ''/export/home/velocity/deploy''), builds the site and deploys it under your Apache User id to ''velocity.apache.org''.

  Please '''do not''' try to run maven manually. Due to the patched plugins, the site building and deployment happens in Maven ''offline'' mode and we do not want to have some random incompatible plugin version downloaded from the maven repo to mess up the build process. If any of the scripts fail, please report it to the Velocity development list.

@@ -55, +55 @@

  == Available site scripts ==

  || '''Site''' || '''Location''' || '''Target directory (on people.apache.org)''' || '''Script''' ||
- || Main site || [http://velocity.apache.org/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_site.sh'' ||
+ || Main || [http://velocity.apache.org/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_site.sh'' ||
- || Engine site || [http://velocity.apache.org/engine/devel/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/engine/devel` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_engine_site.sh'' ||
+ || Engine || [http://velocity.apache.org/engine/devel/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/engine/devel` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_engine_site.sh'' ||
- || Anakia site || [http://velocity.apache.org/anakia/devel/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/anakia/devel` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_anakia_site.sh'' ||
+ || Anakia || [http://velocity.apache.org/anakia/devel/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/anakia/devel` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_anakia_site.sh'' ||
- || Texen site || [http://velocity.apache.org/texen/devel/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/texen/devel` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_texen_site.sh'' ||
+ || Texen || [http://velocity.apache.org/texen/devel/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/texen/devel` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_texen_site.sh'' ||
- || Site tools site || [http://velocity.apache.org/site/tools/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/site/tools` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_site_tools_site.sh'' ||
+ || Site tools || [http://velocity.apache.org/site/tools/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/site/tools` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_site_tools_site.sh'' ||
- || DocBook Framework site || [http://velocity.apache.org/docbook/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/docbook` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_docbook_site.sh'' ||
+ || DocBook Framework || [http://velocity.apache.org/docbook/] || `/www/velocity.apache.org/docbook` || ''/export/home/velocity/bin/build_velocity_docbook_site.sh'' ||

+ == Release Scripts ==
+
+ There are no scripts yet to build the release sites. When the next release comes up, this will be addressed.
+