Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/04 09:11:16 UTC

Is doing PubSubHubub worth it ?

Please don't misconstrue me, I would have (and already started having) my usual ball doing it!

But at http://code.google.com/p/pubsubhubbub/wiki/Companies
there are only a handful of companies who have advertised themselves as doing (supporting a hub for their feeds) it.

Of course, Ethan probably knows better...

What do you think ? Dick ?

Maybe there's lots of other stuff that would really help Esme. But, pubsubhubub is a really worthwhile api/concept in itself...

Imtiaz

Re: Is doing PubSubHubub worth it ?

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm, you're right, it looks like a Jira item doesn't exist for that.
Ok, I've created two Jira tickets in the backlog:

ESME-271 - Provide authenticated Atom/RSS feeds of timelines -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-271

ESME-272 - Pubsubhubbub-enable timeline feeds -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-272

I'm not sure if that's enough information, or even if they contain the
right design decisions. Let's discuss further on the list or in the
comments of the Jira issues.

Ethan

Posted by Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in...@gmail.com>.
Ethan,

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
If you want to see the business implications of it, look here:

Leads Hub (http://leads.pubsubhubub.com/)  A real-time PubSubHubbub
"Hub" developed exclusive for Leads Generation
(http://liveleadpros.com/)

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.