Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Vachon <je...@wantedanalytics.com> on 2014/04/01 17:09:47 UTC

RE: Update single field through SolrJ

Hi,

Thanks for pointing me in the proper direction. I managed to change my code to send atomic updates through SolrJ but this morning we experienced something weird. I sent a large batch of updates and deletes through SolrJ and our Cloud quickly became unusable and unresponsive (no leader for a shard, etc).

We looked through the logs and could not find a particular reason for this. We waited quite some time but some nodes were not showing any progress in their recovery so we restarted them (we are running Tomcat 7.0.39) and everything came back as if nothing happened.

Does anyone experienced something similar? We are currently running Solr 4.6.1 on a 5 nodes cluster with both ZK 3.4.5 and Solr on them (ZK has its own storage device to minimize the impact). Both are also running under JRE 1.7.0_21 in 64 bits mode. Our index has 5 shards with 2 replicas.

Thanks for your help