Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Koontz <jb...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/14 17:32:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Directory listing with Require file-owner

I'm running Apache 2.2.2 with authz-owner enabled.  I'm trying to
setup private directories where users have to supply a username and
password.  Then only a file's owner can access pages under this
directory.  If I put an index.html page inside the private directory
it works.  I can't get a directory listing though.  It keeps prompting
me to reenter my username and password.  A directory listing works
under ~username/, but not ~username/private/

UserDir public_html_ssl
<Directory /home/*/public_html_ssl>
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
  AllowOverride All
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
  IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* SuppressDescription ShowForbidden
</Directory>
<Directory /home/*/public_html_ssl/private>
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
  AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes Limit Options
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
  IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* SuppressDescription ShowForbidden
  AuthName Private
  AuthType Basic
  AuthUserFile /usr/local/shadow
  Require file-owner