Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Naveen <na...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/24 11:57:05 UTC

Enabling cache statistics does not seems to work cache created thru SQL with a cache template

HI

Created a cache template mentioned like below

<property name="cacheConfiguration">
     <list>
       <bean id="cache-template-bean" abstract="true"
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration">

                    <property name="name" value="myCacheTemplate*"/>
                    <property name="cacheMode" value="PARTITIONED"/>
                    <property name="backups" value="2"/>

					<property name="statisticsEnabled" value="true"/>
                </bean>
            </list>
  </property>

And created a cache by using the template

  CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS TEST_STATS1 (
  id LONG, name VARCHAR, cityId LONG, PRIMARY KEY (id))
  WITH "template=myCacheTemplate, CACHE_NAME=TEST_STATS1" ;

inserted couple of records and tried to find out the cache metrics, but
could not find them.
We have exporters running on each nodehttp://10.XX.X.XXX:9100/metrics,  but
do not see anything related cache.
Am I missing something here, how to debug this

Thanks
Naveen

Re: Enabling cache statistics does not seems to work cache created thru SQL with a cache template

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I think you need to check the new metrics:
https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/monitoring-metrics/new-metrics

You can then export them with OpenCensus.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I have just checked the example, and I can definitely see something:
~/Downloads/apache-ignite-slim-2.9.0-bin% curl -q '
http://localhost:8080/ignite?cmd=cache&cacheName=TEST_STATS1'
{"successStatus":0,"affinityNodeId":null,"sessionToken":null,"error":null,"response":{"reads":1,"writes":1,"hits":0,"misses":1}}
%
Ilya Kasnacheev