Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/30 23:39:25 UTC

[Axis2]search for poperties not registered in Message Context are expensive!!

get methods Axis2 properties in the message context search the hierarchy
of contexts before return null. (See "Information Model" in the Archi document.)

That means the searches that would be successful are OK but the
searches that would fail are very bad as they search the complete
hierarchy before return null. To best of my knowladge there are few of
such porperties (e.g. rest, Mtom that does not exists in normal cases
)I am wondering does that have saying on the performance of the Axis2.
(With all the work it must be better)

I know few of us doing profiling now .. (Sorry I fail to try the
profiling myself .. I can not make it now :( ). thought this might
helpful to people who doing it

Thanks
Srinath

Re: [Axis2]search for poperties not registered in Message Context are expensive!!

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
> In Axis2 we have two lavel one is run time and other is data from deploy
> time , run time data is called proprties and deploytime data is called
> paramerts. REST and MTOM are paramters NOT properties .

oh .. I forget .. I think I am the one who does it pondering over the
same problem. Lets conclude this and check the profiling is that too
expensive?
Srinath

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Srinath

See my comments below;

Thanks,
 Deepal
~Future is Open~

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
how about a flag to specifically search parents? or even a flag with
bits flipped on which parent in the hierarchy should be searched
explicitly?

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: [Axis2]search for poperties not registered in Message Context are expensive!!

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.