Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> on 2003/10/30 21:02:42 UTC

182 file formats for lucene!!! was: Re: Exotic format indexing?

Hi there,

just to let you know, i had implement for the nutch project a plugin
that can parse 182 file formats including m$ office.
I simply use open office and use the available java api.

It is really straight forward to use.

Found some info's and a link to the open source code here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=828517&group_id=59548&atid=491356

Feel free to recycle the code and give me any feedback.
Hope it will help to free some information from some strange commercial
formats, since information should be free. ;)

Cheers
Stefan

Re: 182 file formats for lucene!!! was: Re: Exotic format indexing?

Posted by petite_abeille <pe...@mac.com>.
Hi Stefan,

On Oct 30, 2003, at 21:02, Stefan Groschupf wrote:

> just to let you know, i had implement for the nutch project a plugin
> that can parse 182 file formats including m$ office.
> I simply use open office and use the available java api.

Yes, I saw that. Great work :)

Unfortunately, using OpenOffice is not an option in my case :(

Cheers,

PA.