Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Felt <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/26 22:24:26 UTC

Re: [Vote] .htaccess logic abuse

When I am involved in Security questions I try to discuss security breaches
in terms of confidentiality, integrity and availability.

If something is suppossed to be confidential, but a workaround makes it not
so - it is a security breach; idem for integrity - a workaround makes it
possible to modify data without any application knowledge hence affecting
application integrity; availability - if a "workaround" disrupts
application availability then it is a security breach.