Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Derick Fernando <de...@xenocex.com> on 2003/01/25 00:03:39 UTC

Torque connection URL

Hello,

I've been having a heck of time getting Torque to work on my host, works
fine everywhere else, except the two linux machines I installed it on. Is
there a way I can get Torque to log the connection URL its trying to connect
to mysql with, or is it possible im getting a null connection abject even
after it has connected sucessfully?

Thanks,
Derick

Re: Torque connection URL

Posted by Derick Fernando <de...@xenocex.com>.
Hello,

Now I can die in peace, this was the cause of it and resolution, was hard to
figure out cause it worked on Windows/FreeBSD

Excerpt from MySQL Connector/J Readme

Resolution:
MySQL Connector/J must use TCP/IP sockets to connect to MySQL, as
Java does not support Unix Domain Sockets. Therefore, when MySQL Connector/J
connects to MySQL, the security manager in MySQL server will use the
HOSTS table to determine whether or not the connection should be allowed.
You must add grants to allow this to happen. The following is an example
of how to do this (but not the most secure).
>From the mysql command-line client, issue the following command
"GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON [dbname].* to '[user]'@'[hostname]' identified by
'[password]'"
replacing [dbname] with the name of your database, [user] with the username,
[hostname] with the host that MySQL Connector/J will be connecting from, and
[password]
with the password you want to use. Be aware that RedHat linux is broken with
respect to the hostname portion for the case when you are connecting from
localhost. You need to use "localhost.localdomain" for the [hostname] value
in this case.
Follow this by issuing the "FLUSH PRIVILEGES" command.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>