Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2013/10/07 03:49:08 UTC

Unable to reboot instance: "Unable to find service offering: [NUMBER] corresponding to the vm"

Dear all,

After upgrading to CloudStack 4.2.0, I am not able to reboot a VM instance.
Error message: "Unable to find service offering: [SOME-RANDOM-NUMBER]
corresponding to the vm". This affects all the VM instances that I want to
reboot.

Any idea what could be the cause of the problem? Seems that it cannot find
a certain service offering which corresponds to the VM, anyone can shed a
light on which service offering it is referring to?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

Re: Unable to reboot instance: "Unable to find service offering: [NUMBER] corresponding to the vm"

Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Indra,

This could happen if Compute Offerings are deleted, do all the VMs have the
same compute offering? You can check this by clicking on a VM in Instances.
If they don't, yet the same issue occurs with all of them (and the set
compute offerings exists under the Service Offerings page), then it may be
to do with the Network Offering used being disabled/deleted.

Hope this helps,
Marty

Posted by Gaurav Aradhye <ga...@clogeny.com>.
Hi Indra,

While rebooting, the VM looks for the same service offering which was used
to deploy the VM earlier. If due to some reason the service offering gets
deleted, this issue arises.

Regards,
Gaurav

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.