Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shruti Ahuja, Noida" <sh...@noida.hcltech.com> on 2002/12/12 10:22:24 UTC

Tomcat under Forte

Hi,

I am deploying a web application on Tomcat 4.0.1 server under Forte 4.0. I
get the following exception when i open the homepage in the browser -
http://localhost:8080 <http://localhost:8080>  . What might be the reason
for this and how do i overcome it ?? Pls help.

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.
java:103)
at
org.netbeans.modules.schema2beans.GraphManager.createXmlDocument(GraphManage
r.java:697)
at
org.netbeans.modules.schema2beans.GraphManager.createXmlDocument(GraphManage
r.java:675)
at
org.netbeans.modules.schema2beans.GraphManager.createXmlDocument(GraphManage
r.java:642)
at
org.netbeans.modules.schema2beans.GraphManager.createRootElementNode(GraphMa
nager.java:104)
at org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.data.MonitorData.(MonitorData.java:47)
at org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.data.MonitorData.(MonitorData.java:40)
at
org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter.doFilter(MonitorFilter
.java:164)
at
FilterChain.java:213)
at
ain.java:193)
at
va:243)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
at
va:201)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
46)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.

Regards,
Shruti

Re: Tomcat under Forte

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.
Seems to be related to the JAXP version Forte is using. Have you install
Xerces or do you have it included your classpath? A good place to ask
the question is nbusers@netbeans.org. They will answer faster than us :-)

-- Jeanfrancois