Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Sharma, Jaikumar" <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/22 17:30:39 UTC

task behaviour is ok ?

Hi,

I am not sure if this is normal, please see the below mentioned small
snippet of xml code.

What I am trying to do is test the equality one property which has been set
with the value of it, it gives me :

[echo] value of the test.set is : ${test.set}

But if I put the condition construct at the beginning of main target then I
get the right value "true" which is right. It means condition construct

task assigned property is not visible outside the target. I am not sure if
this is normal behaviour ?

_______________

<project name="testproject" default="main">

       <property name="project.home" value="c:\myProject" />

          <target name="main">

              <antcall target="target1" />

              <echo message="value of test.set is : ${test.set}" />

          </target>

          <target name="target1">

             <condition property="test.set" value="true" >

                 <equals arg1="${project.home}" arg2="c:\myProject"
casesensitive="false" trim="true" />

             </condition>

          </target>

        </project>

__________________

It took me a while to realize it.

Thanks.

Re: task behaviour is ok ?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Sharma, Jaikumar wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am not sure if this is normal, please see the below mentioned small
> snippet of xml code.
>
> What I am trying to do is test the equality one property which has been set
> with the value of it, it gives me :

this ia not a developer question, please ask on ant's user list.

If you had been on the list, you would have noticed this discussion

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-user/200702.mbox/%3cee752f340702210757k5e3d5effn92f9a471f0c9032b@mail.gmail.com%3e