Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sudhi123 <su...@rediffmail.com> on 2009/03/25 14:49:12 UTC

breaking struts.xml

Hello ...

  I am quite new to struts2

  I just want to know how to break struts.xml in to a module (jar).

  Anybody has done this ...?

 Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: breaking struts.xml

Posted by sudhi123 <su...@rediffmail.com>.
Hello,

 thanks very much for the reply.

I was going to have maven modules in my project ..so was thinking how to
handle struts xml.

Hence asked the question.

Thanks again...

RE: breaking struts.xml

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
yes thats one way of handling it..

Another way is to implement Castor XML to Javaclass code generation feature
http://www.castor.org/features.html#Castor-XML-code-generator

after the code is gen'ed you can of course / compile /configure and jar it up

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can not accept any liability for the content provided.

> Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:10:23 +0100
> From: rgw@lsoft.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Re: breaking struts.xml
>
> David C. Hicks wrote:
> > It's just a resource on your classpath like any other.  Never done it,
> > but you should be able to without any problem.
> >

> > sudhi123 wrote:
> >> Hello ...
> >>

> >>   I am quite new to struts2
> >>   I just want to know how to break struts.xml in to a module (jar).
> >>
> >>   Anybody has done this ...?
> >>
> >>  Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> A bit more specific: In order to make your struts.xml available to the
> framework, it must be in the root level of one of your classpath
> entries. So, yes, you can place a struts.xml in a jar file, but if you
> need multiple struts.xml files for several modules, then each must go
> into its own private jar file and each of those must be in your classpath.
>
> Robert

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailĀ®.

Re: breaking struts.xml

Posted by Robert Graf-Waczenski <rg...@lsoft.com>.

Re: breaking struts.xml

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.