Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Josh ChaitinPollak <jo...@offthehill.org> on 2007/08/31 00:09:52 UTC

exporting classworlds or testing assembly output

Hello,

I have a unit test which tests a shell script. This shell script
calls java code, so it fails under Maven, because the java coded
launched by the shell script doesn't have a complete classpath. I can
work around this by using <useSystemClassloader>, but it turns out
this was breaking my embedded tomcat.

So I'm wondering, is there any way to export Maven's classworlds
configuration through an environment variable so I can call
System.exec() on some java code and have it work?

If not (and this would actually be preferable), is there any way in
Maven to run tests on an assembly (or other distributable)? If I
could do that, I could write tests and have them test a fully built
distributable, which would let the shell scripts assemble the
classpath the same way we do in production, which would make the test
much more realistic.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Josh