Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lacerda, Wellington (AFIS)" <We...@fao.org> on 2000/10/12 15:55:55 UTC

Lowercase UPPERCASE

We're having problems with linking a LOT of static pages with one of our
webapps because in those pages sometimes the addresses are in lower
sometimes the same addresses are in UPPER case. How can I avoid this case
sensitivity problem in TOMCAT ?

If not possible, what could be a solution ? Writing an Interceptor ? Have
anyone done this before and can share the code ?

Thanks,

Wellington Silva
UN/FAO

Re: Lowercase UPPERCASE

Posted by Joakim Verona <jo...@verona.se>.
hello,

why not just have a system where you decide evrything is, for instance, lowercase,
and 1) rename all your files and 2) search/replace all URL:s with a regexp.

kind of obvious, so i guess there is some reason why you dont do this already.
I sometimes have the same problem when people make files on pc or mac, and my
solution has always been to enforce some type of namming standard.

there is less work for the server if it doesnt have to guess the name also.

--
Joakim Verona
joakim@verona.se