Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2015/01/26 22:24:15 UTC

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.0.0-incubating (release candidate 1)

The Hive guys (Jesus and John) have discovered
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-570. It is a minor issue, but
there is no workaround if you want to use the new constant-reduction rules.
I consider this a show-stopper.

Changing my vote to -1 and canceling the vote.

Hive guys, How long do you think it will take to complete your analysis of
the compatibility issues? Since a goal of this release is that it is fit to
release Hive 15, I want to be sure that we know about all issues before we
start another RC and vote. But I can't hold the train forever. Also, can
you please post to the calcite dev list when the analysis is complete.

Julian

On Jan 25, 2015, at 11:19 AM, Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

Download and tested.  Looks good.

Not a showstopper but we should really clean up the messages you get when
running tests.  Seeing messages like these:
"SEVERE: org.apache.calcite.runtime.CalciteContextException: From line 1,
column 8 to line 1, column 10: Column 'x' not found in any table"
"SEVERE: org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException: Cannot
apply 'IS UNKNOWN' to arguments of type '<INTEGER> IS UNKNOWN'. Supported
form(s): '<BOOLEAN> IS UNKNOWN'"

Looks like the test is failing but just isn't written right.  I assume they
are negative tests but I don't think it should show up in the test output
like this.

+1

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 2:11 AM, Steven Noels <st...@apache.org> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015, at 06:24 AM, Julian Hyde wrote:

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Calcite 1.0.0-incubating, release
candidate 1.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

This is Calcite's first major release. The release adds:
* SQL support for GROUPING SETS, EXTEND, UPSERT and sequences;
* a remote JDBC driver;
* improvements to the planner engine and built-in planner rules;
* improvements to the algorithms that implement the relational
algebra, including an interpreter that can evaluate queries without
compilation;
* about 30 bug fixes.

Great! Awesome work.

[X] +1 Release this package as Apache Calcite 1.0.0-incubating (binding)

Steven.

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.0.0-incubating (release candidate 1)

Posted by John Pullokkaran <jp...@hortonworks.com>.
So far 2 issues been discovered with Calcite RC; CALCITE-570, CALCITE-571.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.0.0-incubating (release candidate 1)

Posted by John Pullokkaran <jp...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE