Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Frederic BOY <fr...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/09 15:10:52 UTC

jackrabbit 1.4.4 - Problems with concurrent access

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a unique JCR repository for up to 3 workstations on a
LAN. It is installed on one of the 3 computers and is made accessible using
windows sharing options.

All 3 computers are running their own JBoss instance, trying to access
concurrently to the unique JCR repository.

I have upgraded to jackrabbit 1.4.4 for better management of concurrent
access and I have edited my repository.xml to add these lines:

    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
       <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>
    </FileSystem>
    <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleFsPersistenceMana
ger" >
    </PersistenceManager>
    <SearchIndex
      <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
    </SearchIndex>
    </Workspace>

    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
            <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/version" />
        </FileSystem>
    <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleFsPersistenceMana
ger" >
    </PersistenceManager>
    </Versioning>

Everything should be ok, but still I keep getting those
"RepositoryException:Unable to create or lock file..."

(Though all users have read/write access rights on the repository folder and
sub-folders)

Any idea about what's missing or what I've done wrong ??
Thanks a lot in advance!

Frederic Boy

Re: jackrabbit 1.4.4 - Problems with concurrent access

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@day.com>.
hi frederic

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Frederic BOY <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a unique JCR repository for up to 3 workstations on a
> LAN. It is installed on one of the 3 computers and is made accessible using
> windows sharing options.

that's not supported. you can't have multiple repository instances using a
shared file system. the repository lock file is used to prevent this
kind of setup,
that's why you're getting those errors.

what you're looking for is a model 3 deployment (a stand-alone repository
server accessed by multiple clients). see here for more information:
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/repository-server-howto.html

cheers
stefan