Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Rajesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/03 04:04:34 UTC

region name is incorrect while trying to get using region.get

we are using apache geode 1.1.0 version. sometimes randomly while trying to
get details from a region we are getting exceptions. On looking at the logs
it seems the region is appended to itself and a region not found exception
is thrown.

Caused by: org.apache.geode.cache.RegionDestroyedException: Server
connection from
[identity(10.43.164.241(10772:loner):62563:aebd35c5,connection=1;
port=62563]: Region named /AuthIdRegion/AuthIdRegion was not found during
get request

at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.tier.sockets.BaseCommand.writeRegionDestroyedEx(BaseCommand.java:633)

at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.tier.sockets.command.Get70.cmdExecute(Get70.java:126)

at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.tier.sockets.BaseCommand.execute(BaseCommand.java:141)

at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.tier.sockets.ServerConnection.doNormalMsg(ServerConnection.java:783)

at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.tier.sockets.ServerConnection.doOneMessage(ServerConnection.java:914)

at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.tier.sockets.ServerConnection.run(ServerConnection.java:1171)

at

at

at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.tier.sockets.AcceptorImpl$1$1.run(AcceptorImpl.java:519)

... 1 more

The name of my region is /AuthIdRegion but it tries to query using
"/AuthIdRegion/AuthIdRegion"

we use client region factory to create a region instance

"authIdCacheRegionInstance = GeodeCache.getCacheInstance(
).createClientRegionFactory(ClientRegionShortcut.PROXY).create("AuthIdRegion");"

It will be really helpful if someone can point what exactly is the issue.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Re: region name is incorrect while trying to get using region.get

Posted by Gang Yan <gy...@pivotal.io>.
1. as you mentioned,  you create region on client.
"we use client region factory to create a region instance

"authIdCacheRegionInstance = GeodeCache.getCacheInstance(
).createClientRegionFactory(ClientRegionShortcut.PROXY).create("AuthIdRegion");"
"

how about the server side?
 how did you create region on server side?  by xml, gfsh or java?

2. "sometimes randomly while trying to get details from a region",  it is a
little weird ,  IMO,  if just create region on client,  every time when you
try to query an OQL, will see same error.

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Rajesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

      Thanks for the reply. We suspected the same. One of our clients is
facing this issue in older version of our product where we use apache geode
1.1.0. We have upgraded to 1.8.0 in our latest release. But is there any
fix/solution for this as we cannot upgrade the client environment. at this
point.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Posted by Rajesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

  Please find the full stack trace below.

[Thread 69] 2019-12-02 08:35:53.323 UTC+0000
com.actuate.iserver.services.ServiceBase.execute()
WARNING: org.apache.geode.cache.client.ServerOperationException: remote
server on GBRPSM020006568(10772:loner):62563:aebd35c5: While performing a
remote get
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.AbstractOp.processObjResponse(AbstractOp.java:285)
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.GetOp$GetOpImpl.processResponse(GetOp.java:144)
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.AbstractOp.attemptReadResponse(AbstractOp.java:171)
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.AbstractOp.attempt(AbstractOp.java:382)
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.ConnectionImpl.execute(ConnectionImpl.java:266)
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.pooling.PooledConnection.execute(PooledConnection.java:332)
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.OpExecutorImpl.executeWithPossibleReAuthentication(OpExecutorImpl.java:900)
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.OpExecutorImpl.execute(OpExecutorImpl.java:158)
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.OpExecutorImpl.execute(OpExecutorImpl.java:115)
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.PoolImpl.execute(PoolImpl.java:737)
at org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.GetOp.execute(GetOp.java:92)
at
org.apache.geode.cache.client.internal.ServerRegionProxy.get(ServerRegionProxy.java:116)
at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.LocalRegion.findObjectInSystem(LocalRegion.java:2834)
at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.LocalRegion.nonTxnFindObject(LocalRegion.java:1485)
at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.LocalRegionDataView.findObject(LocalRegionDataView.java:175)
at org.apache.geode.internal.cache.LocalRegion.get(LocalRegion.java:1369)
at org.apache.geode.internal.cache.LocalRegion.get(LocalRegion.java:1302)
at org.apache.geode.internal.cache.LocalRegion.get(LocalRegion.java:1288)
at
org.apache.geode.internal.cache.AbstractRegion.get(AbstractRegion.java:273)
at
com.actuate.iserver.utils.cache.AuthIdCacheClient.getCachedObject(AuthIdCacheClient.java:95)
at
com.actuate.iserver.utils.CachedAuthIdProperties.getCachedUserProperties(CachedAuthIdProperties.java:95)
at
com.actuate.iserver.services.util.AuthenticationUtil.verifyTokenMappingRecord(AuthenticationUtil.java:100)
at
com.actuate.iserver.services.util.AuthenticationUtil.validateAndReturnAuthId(AuthenticationUtil.java:59)
at
com.actuate.iserver.services.util.ServiceProcessor.readHeader(ServiceProcessor.java:28)
at
com.actuate.iserver.services.EncycServiceBase.readHeader(EncycServiceBase.java:197)
at
com.actuate.iserver.services.EncycServiceBase.preExecute(EncycServiceBase.java:44)
at com.actuate.iserver.services.ServiceBase.execute(ServiceBase.java:70)
at
com.actuate.iserver.services.api.idapi.actuate11.ActuateSoapBindingImpl.getVolumeProperties(ActuateSoapBindingImpl.java:226)
at
com.actuate.schemas.actuate11.wsdl.ActuateAPIMessageReceiverInOut.invokeBusinessLogic(ActuateAPIMessageReceiverInOut.java:2085)
at
com.actuate.iserver.services.api.idapi.actuate11.ActuateAPIMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(ActuateAPIMessageReceiver.java:29)
at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.java:40)
at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:114)
at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:173)
at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:173)
at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:144)
at
com.actuate.webserver.NimbleAxis2Servlet.doPostWrapper(NimbleAxis2Servlet.java:88)
at com.actuate.ihub.filter.LocalFilter.processRequest(LocalFilter.java:315)
at com.actuate.ihub.filter.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:269)
at
com.actuate.ihub.filter.RequestFilterChain.processFilter(RequestFilterChain.java:52)
at
com.actuate.ihub.filter.RequestFilterManager.processFilters(RequestFilterManager.java:264)
at com.actuate.ihub.web.FilterServlet.doRequest(FilterServlet.java:153)
at com.actuate.ihub.web.FilterServlet.doPost(FilterServlet.java:82)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:648)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:292)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:207)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:212)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:94)
at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:504)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:141)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:620)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:502)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1132)
at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:684)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1539)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1495)
at
at
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[...]

    Region creation is done using java code on server using the following
method.
    public Region createRegion()
{
File file = new File(geodeConfigHome);
        if (!file.exists()) {
            if (file.mkdir()) {
                AC_LOGGER.infoN("geodeConfigHome : created "+
geodeConfigHome);
            }
        }else{
AC_LOGGER.infoN("geodeConfigHome : already exists "+ geodeConfigHome);
}

    //Create Cache
    Cache cache = new CacheFactory().create();
    ResourceManager rm = cache.getResourceManager();
    rm.setCriticalHeapPercentage(m_heapCriticalPercentage);
    rm.setEvictionHeapPercentage(m_heapEvictionPercentage);

    //Set Diskstore attributes and create it.
    int maxOpLogSize = Integer.parseInt(
configureManager.getLogFileSizeInMB( ));
    createDiskStore(cache, geodeConfigHome, userDetailsDataStoreFileName,
maxOpLogSize);

//Set RegionFactory attributes and create it.
    RegionFactory rf =
cache.createRegionFactory(RegionShortcut.REPLICATE_PERSISTENT_OVERFLOW);
    rf.addCacheListener(new IHubUserPropertiesRegionListener());
    rf.setEntryTimeToLive(new
ExpirationAttributes(getAuthIdLifeLimit(),ExpirationAction.DESTROY));
rf.setEvictionAttributes(EvictionAttributes.createLRUEntryAttributes(configureManager.getMaxUserProprtiesCacheEntries(
), EvictionAction.OVERFLOW_TO_DISK));
rf.setDiskStoreName( userDetailsDataStoreFileName );
Region cacheRegionInstance = rf.create(regionName);
return cacheRegionInstance;
}

    public void createDiskStore(Cache cache, String geodeConfigHome, String
diskStoreName, long maxOpLogSize)
    {
AC_LOGGER.infoN("geodeConfigHome :"+ geodeConfigHome);
    AC_LOGGER.infoN("diskStoreName :"+ diskStoreName);

    DiskStoreFactory diskStoreFactory = cache.createDiskStoreFactory();
    diskStoreFactory.setAllowForceCompaction( m_allowForceCompaction);
    diskStoreFactory.setMaxOplogSize(maxOpLogSize);
diskStoreFactory.setAutoCompact(m_autoCompact);
diskStoreFactory.setCompactionThreshold( m_compactionThreshold);
diskStoreFactory.setQueueSize(m_queueSize);
diskStoreFactory.setTimeInterval(m_timeInterval);
diskStoreFactory.setDiskUsageCriticalPercentage(
m_diskUsageCriticalPercentage);
diskStoreFactory.setDiskUsageWarningPercentage(
m_diskUsageWarningPercentage);
File file = new File(geodeConfigHome);
diskStoreFactory.setDiskDirs(new File[]{file});
diskStoreFactory.create(diskStoreName);
    }

Posted by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io>.

--
-John
john.blum10101 (skype)

Re: region name is incorrect while trying to get using region.get

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Rajesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

    Thanks for your inputs, region not getting created is the root cause of
the issue. The error message was misleading and we focused our efforts on
client side.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Posted by "Ju@N" <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hello Rajesh,

--
Ju@N

Re: region name is incorrect while trying to get using region.get

Posted by Rajesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ju,

Posted by "Ju@N" <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hello Rajesh,

--
Ju@N

Re: region name is incorrect while trying to get using region.get

Posted by Rajesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Udo,

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
> sometimes randomly while trying to get details from a region

Rereading this - I suspect maybe *some* of your servers don't have the
region? That might explain why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

-Dan

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.
Try 3?