Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Wenig <mi...@wennysoft.de> on 2009/08/28 21:25:28 UTC

Debugging a maven-plugin / pin to a explicit version

Hi,

I tried to debug a maven-plugin (site) but got messed up that maven used
other versions of the transitive dependencies that the eclipse-checkout
did provide.

So now there are two questions coming uo:

1. what is the best way to get exactly the right versions to debug a
maven-module and its dependencies?

2. When I want to patch one of the transitive modules: How can I pin my
builds to this new patched version? Where and how do I have to say to
maven to use exactly one version of e.g. the maven-model?

When debuged the site-plugin I had several versions coming up in the
log:

2.0.2, 2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8 and finally 2.0.6 was used. If I would want
to change something in maven-model - how can I get sure, that my patch
is used at all?

Thanks for help

Michael