Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Steve Carton <st...@retrievalsystems.com> on 2008/08/01 17:25:55 UTC

Unable to locate NamespaceHandler

I've been trying to solve this problem:

BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate
NamespaceHandler for namespace [http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws]

I've read some suggestions in the forum, and I added the
cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws-2.1.1.jar to the WEB-INF/lib folder.

I've successfully deployed my application under tomcat on two machines
(WinXP and Linux, both running Java 1.6 and both running Tomcat 6). The
application starts successfully (and did before I added the
cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws-2.1.1.jar to the WEB-INF/lib folder) and I can
access the exposed web services.

But on two other machines, (one WinXP and one linux, both running Java
1.6 and Tomcat 6), I get this above exception. Can anyone shed some
light on the nature of the problem and what I can do to fix it? I don't
even know what it means.

Thanks,

Steve Carton

()2008-07-31 16:10:55,734 ERROR
[org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] - Context initialization
failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException
: Configuration problem: Unable to locate NamespaceHandler for namespace
[http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws]
Offending resource: ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/application.xml]
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(
FailFastProblemReporter.java:57)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderCont
ext.java:64)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderCont
ext.java:55)