Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Yuanjian Li <xy...@gmail.com> on 2023/07/14 17:31:18 UTC

[Reminder] Spark 3.5 Branch Cut

Hi everyone,
As discussed earlier in "Time for Spark v3.5.0 release", I will cut
branch-3.5 on *Monday, July 17th at 1 pm PST* as scheduled.

Please plan your PR merge accordingly with the given timeline. Currently,
we have received the following exception merge requests:

   - SPARK-44421: Reattach to existing execute in Spark Connect (server
   mechanism)
   - SPARK-44423:  Reattach to existing execute in Spark Connect (scala
   client)
   - SPARK-44424:  Reattach to existing execute in Spark Connect (python
   client)

If there are any other exception feature requests, please reply to this
email. We will not merge any new features in 3.5 after the branch cut.

Best,
Yuanjian

Re: [Reminder] Spark 3.5 Branch Cut

Posted by Herman van Hovell <he...@databricks.com.INVALID>.
Hi Yuanjian,

For the ongoing encoder work for the connect scala client I'd like to get
the following tickets in:

   - SPARK-44396 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-44396> :
   Direct Arrow Deserialization
   - SPARK-44449 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-44449> :
   Upcasting for Arrow Deserialization
   - SPARK-44450 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-44450> : Make
   direct Arrow encoding work with SQL/API.

Cheers,
Herman

Posted by Enrico Minack <in...@enrico.minack.dev>.

Posted by Jia Fan <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gengliang Wang <lt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yuanjian,

Posted by Julek Sompolski <ju...@databricks.com.INVALID>.
Thank you,

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@databricks.com.INVALID>.
Thank you. We plan to get remaining major pieces for Streaming Spark
Connect (Epic SPARK-42938
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-42938>).
I would like to request a warmfix exception for the following tweaks and
improvements over the next two weeks (all in the same epic).

   - SPARK-42944 : (Will mostly hit Monday deadline, just in case) Python
   foreachBatch
   - SPARK-42941 : (WIP, but might slip Monday deadline): Python streaming
   listener
   - SPARK-44400 : Improve session access in connect Scala
   StreamingQueryListener
   - SPARK-44432 : Allow timeout of sessions when client disconnects and
   terminate queries
   - SPARK-44433 : Improve termination logic for Python processes for
   foreachBatch & query listener
   - SPARK-44434 : More Scala tests for foreachBatch & query listener
   - SPARK-44435 : More Python tests for foreachBatch & query listener
   - SPARK-44436 : Use Connect DataFrame for Scala foreachBatch in Connect