Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/12 04:18:09 UTC

Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 sidebar testing on trunk build

Apache OpenOffice (AOO) is the leading open-source office software suite
for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and
more. The latest AOO release version is AOO 3.4.1 which has been downloaded
by millions of people. Now we are on the trip of AOO 4.0. Sidebar is a new
feature in AOO 4.0 release, which combines idea and code from both Symphony
sidebar and OpenOffice Impress task panel. More info about sidebar could be
found at sidebar wiki <http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar>.

Previously some volunteers run sidebar test on sidebar developing build.
Thanks for these volunteers. Now, sidebar has been integrated into trunk
build, and more sidebar panel are available now. We need more volunteers in
sidebar testing on trunk build. This task is easy to follow execute and
won't cost your much effort.

The Game Rule is:
*0. Choose your interesting test field and platform you will run on*
    I'll assign test cases to your according to your choice.
Test Field:
    13 sidebar panels will be tested:
    Text properties panel, Page properties panel, Area properties panel,
Line panel, Position and Size panel, Graphic panel, Layouts panel, table
design panel, alignment panel, cell appearance panel, number format panel,
paragraph panel, wrap panel
Platform:
    We plan to run test cases on 3 platforms: Suse(Redhat)-64bit,
Ubuntu-64bit, Win 7

*1. Download AOO 4.0 build and install AOO 4.0:*
    Builds could be downloaded from AOO buildbots. It provides Linux
64bit(rpm and deb) install
packages<http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/index.html#linux64>and
Win
7 install packages <http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/index.html#win>.
The install packages names is like this "Apache OpenOffice 4.0.0 XXX
x86(x86-64) install XXX.XXX"

*2. Execute test cases in testlink:*
    (1) Register in testlink:
http://aootesting.adfinis-sygroup.org/index.php
    (2) Log into testlink and change "test projects" to "Apache OpenOffice
testproject" in the right corner.
    (3) Found the test cases assigned to you from "Test Cases Assigned to
Me" under "Text Execution" Panel
    (4) Execute the test case according to test case description
    (5) Record test case execution result in test link
    More testlink guide could be found at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Testlink A video about how to run case
and input result are provided at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Testlink#Video_Demo

*3. Open bugs in Bugzilla*
    Please open bugs in bugzilla when finding issue during test.
    (1) Register in bugzilla: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/
    (2) Log on bugzilla and open new bugs. You could reference How to file
a good issue <http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/HowToFileIssue>
    *Note: Please add "[sidebar]" at the beginning of bug summary*

Are you ready to take part in? If yes, *please tell me your interesting
test field ,platform info from #0 list and testlink id**!*

Re: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 sidebar testing on trunk build

Posted by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Simon, thanks for your support! I've assigned 8 test property cases to you
:) Please check

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Yi Xuan,

Posted by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Rob, thanks!
Assigned some paragraph properties panels to you. Please check!

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Fwd: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 sidebar testing on trunk build

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Edwin Sharp <el...@mail-page.com> wrote:

> What about the known rule of thumb:
>
> "The one who tests shall not be the one who develops"

The name of the list is somewhat a misnomer.  "dev" could just as well be
called "general".  At Apache projects the "dev" list is the list we use for
general coordination as well.  So messages for the entire project should cc
the dev list as well.  Most of the subscribers there (457 at last count)
were not involved in coding this feature.   But you are right that we don't
want someone testing their own code, or at least not be the only one
testing their code.

-Rob

Posted by Edwin Sharp <el...@mail-page.com>.

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.
Take "Alignment panel" on Win7, testlink id is "phoenix.wanglf"

--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Fwd: Call for volunteers for AOO 4.0 sidebar testing on trunk build

Posted by Andrea Villa <vi...@gmail.com>.
Can you cancel me please i'm full of mail without interest for me

Andrea Villa
Consulente
Mob. +39 328 2349334
         +39 334 5636707
e-mail: villandrea@gmail.com

Posted by Edwin Sharp <el...@mail-page.com>.
No preference.

Posted by Yi Xuan Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for my omission...
I've assigned "Paragraph" Panel to you. Please Check!
Thanks a lot!

Posted by Edwin Sharp <el...@mail-page.com>.
I think you forgot me... :(

Posted by Du Jing <bj...@gmail.com>.
I am interesting on AOO,you can assign some test case to me,test link id is
dujing~

Posted by Andrea Villa <vi...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe me

Andrea Villa